We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product and design team with insights gained from analyzing energy data and IoT data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find patterns and provide models to predict key variable in energy domain. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive effective solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from IoT devices to drive optimization and improvement of product development, and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize energy consumption models.
• Deploy models to cloud services.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We’re looking for someone with 4-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
• Coding knowledge and experience with Python, R and SQL, experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks, such as: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, LightGBM, etc.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications. Experience creating and using advanced statistical learning algorithms: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, neural networks, etc.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques and strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, MySQL, etc.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with good command of English and Chinese in both spoken and written, including Putonghua.
We offer competitive remuneration package to the right candidates. Interested parties, please submit your application to HR@ewota.com. Please visit our website https://www.ewota.com to check further details. Data collected would be used for recruitment purposes only.